Clicking on the photos will enlarge them :)

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Some of our Christmas decorations, the pictures are many - my words more than usual.

Silly girls!! Today I brought decorations up from the basement, this is what I have accomplished so far. The tree will be trimmed on Saturday, it will sit to the left of the fireplace. If you enlarge, the round things, forget what they are called my mom made and painted those as well, they have sayings on them from "Twas The Night Before Christmas". (I have had those many, many years)
The Santa's are some that were bought and some my mom and sister in law made.
The Santa holding the Christmas Tree my sister in law made. The glass block on the second shelf has lights in it, one of my husband's workers made it. Mr. and Mrs. Claus on the bottom shelf my parents made that too.
My Bunny Rabbits.
Rocking Horse...we have the little ones just like this that hang on the tree.
My Snowmen (with a sunshine mirror above it, hope they don't melt) Enlarge and look at the UGLY snowman to the left of Mr. and Mrs. Snowman (that my parents also made) you will see the snowman that my daycare made out of soda cans.
My Santa rug in front of the fireplace.
My Dad cut this out and my Mom painted it. It says A Lot!!
My parents made this bear and my Mom painted the drums. My oldest daughter bought me the red bell when she was in elementary school. The bucket of pinecones, leaves and acorns we have picked up over the years.
The stockings do not go on the fireplace until Christmas Eve.
I love this wall hanging.
Our Christmas wish from Florida!!
Will post larger shots as it all comes together, I was just proud I got this much done today!

11 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Funny if you get snow for Christmas...or not! ;-)

Patsy said...

You sure are putting me in the Christmas decoration mode.
Patsy

Val said...

I decorated this week too. You have a lot of good things. I really enjoyed seeing them. I can't wait to see the tree.

Anonymous said...

It is definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house Darla! ;) Love the Santa & Snowmen collections!

Meems said...

Wow, you have been busy and you have so many cherished pieces with stories that go with them. Isn't that what makes Christmas so delightful? I just love this time of year.

Susie said...

Darla I love all these decorations! Everything is so cute and that rug is adorable.

Lisa said...

Wow! Those are nice Christmas decorations.I love those snowmen stuffs.

Leedra said...

Love the can snowman. Seems as if I have seen those before, but not sure.

Love all your decorations. You are like me, they all bring back such memories of how you got them, and who gave them to you. That is what makes it fun to bring them out.

Jen said...

You should be proud-that take a lot of work!
Looks very Ho Ho Ho at your house for sure.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all of the nice comments. My decorations are not fancy, there is a lot of sentiment tied up in them and that's what makes them special. Like when we hang the children's paper ornaments on the tree........

Dorothy said...

WOW! Darla, you really have a lot of decorations!! And you haven't even finished, yet! I put up my skinny little tree today and beside what you have done it really does look puny! I still put some of the things on the tree that my grandchildren (now 16 and 20) made when they were in Kindergarten!