Clicking on the photos will enlarge them :)

Friday, January 23, 2009

Pay It Forward -- Turning Things Around!

Well Valerie over at http://lifeslittlegarden.blogspot.com posted this PIF and I felt like this would be a good start to my New Year, letting go of the way it started and turning things around.

"It’s based of the concept of the movie “Pay it Forward" where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness pass it on. So here’s how it works. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment to this post on the blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I do not know what that gift will be yet, and it won’t be sent this month, probably not next month, but it will be sent (within 6 months) and that’s a promise! What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.Now remember you have to be in the first three that sign up to do this (you can comment without signing up!) and you have to pass it on. Be sure I have your e-mail or your blog address so I can get in touch with you."
I am very excited to participate in this. I have decided that 2009 is my year to venture out and do some things that I haven't ever done. So if you would like to join in this Pay It Forward, please leave me a comment and tell me that you would like to join in the fun. The first 3 people will receive something made by me within the next 6 months!!!

Join the fun and watch how Blessings will come your way!

10 comments:

Dorothy said...

Darla, this is such a neat idea! We should all be doing random acts of kindness. I'm not good at hand-making things anymore, so I will have to pass on that;-(

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great idea Darla. I loved that movie--and just think what would happen if we ALL "paid it forward."
Hugs,
Betsy

My Mother's Garden said...

Hi Darla~
I think this is a beautiful idea! I would love to be a part of it. This is like planting a seed of kindness.
Thank you and many blessings~

Karrita

Leedra said...

I think I will take you up on the challenge, and you know how to get in contact with me. At first I thought, what can I do? Then...what do I do best? Got it! Count me in!

I also enjoyed the movie. You might have me watching it again...it is in the DVD shelf.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra

Susie said...

I think Pay It Forward is a wonderful movie. I'm with Betsy, what a wonderful world this would be if everyone had this attitude.

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a sweet idea.

BTW, how is your son? Hope he's much better.
Marnie

Patsy said...

Well what a happy blogger you will be. Sounds like fun.
Patsy

Peggy said...

Have fun Darla and reach out to try new and different ideas.

Val said...

Hey Darla, I can't wait to get your gift made. Thank you so much for signing up for this. I think it will be fun. Remember though, I have 6 months to get it to you! Ha! I also need your address again. I have misplaced it. Thanks

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Darla, I didn't make it clear --but don't add my name to the list of PIF folks. Soon--we'll be doing spring yard work and hiking--and I just won't have enough hours in the day to do what I do muchless keep adding more stuff. Thanks for the offer though.
Hugs,
Betsy